To qualify you will need $500.00 or 50% of liquid assets great then 3,000, whichever is greater. You also have to:
1. Be the head of the household and a first time home buyer
2. Be a low – to moderate income resident (standards set by DHCD
3. Cannot have had ownership interest in any residential real estate within the past three years of your application
4. The house that is to be purchased with the funds must be buyer’s primary residence and be located in The District of Columbia.
5. Must be able to qualify for a home loan.
As a licensed Real Estate Agent in Washington DC, I am very familiar with this program. I have helped over 50 families obtain housing using this program. Understanding the uniqueness of the program and how it works is very crucial to its overall success. As an agent who has closes HPAP deals on a regular basis, I can help you navigate through the multiple inspections and all the experiences that would come along with closing this transaction. The intricate details and extra lawyers of home buying protection can get a little challenging, which some of the 1st time home buyers have expressed these challenges to me. However, given my experience in working with the program, I am able to navigate the process and I am sure that if you feel this program is something that you would be interested in, I can certainly help you to achieve your goals as well. If you would like more information on the HPAP program and process, please feel free to contact me and we can set up a meeting and it would be my pleasure to provide you with a one on one information consultation.
I have helped many people in Washington DC use the Home Purchase Assistance Program or HPAP in The District of Columbia. Below is a list of Areas in Washington DC. Let me know how I can help you find your home. Call me so I can tell you more about the program and how I can help. Looking forward to working with you. I can be reached at 301-200-1997 direct. I look forward to your call.